Named after the remote village of Minard on the western shore of Loch Fyne, Argyll and Bute, Scotland. It was part of the housing estate built by Archibald Cameron Corbett, the second son of Thomas Corbett, a Glasgow merchant and philanthropist. This road, like many of the Corbett streets, was named with a Scottish theme reflecting the developers Scottish heritage. Corbett developed the Hither Green Estate between 1885 and 1911. He purchased 278 acres of land from the Earl of St. Germans taking advantage of the new railway station. Enhancing this facility, Corbett loaned the South Eastern Railway £3,400 to build a more convenient entrance. The railway company also agreed to sell cheap season tickets to Corbett tenants, a major selling point for prospective buyers.
24 total views, 1 views today