Agricultural heritage. A windmill was first recorded at Hadley Green in 1635, and was still standing in 1748 when there was a coffee house nearby. In 1764 it is shown on a map of Middlesex in an edition of the Gentleman’s Magazine, but had disappeared by 1777. It gave its name to the Windmill Inn. The pub was there from at least the mid-19thCentury but possibly before. It became a Loch Fyne restaurant and is now a private home.
54 total views, 1 views today