Reverend Benjamin Meredyth Kitson (sometime around 1843 – February 18, 1923) was serving as Rector Canon in Barnes when this road was laid out in 1898 on land that previously belonged to Barnes Rectory. He was a famous oarsman and athlete while studying at Oxford. In 1880 he was appointed vicar of All Saints, Clapton Park, and in 1888 was elected to the London School Board, representing Hackney until 1894. He served the village at a time of rapid expansion between 1892 and his death.
135 total views, 1 views today