Named after a house known as Marrowbon, where a family by the name of Lamen or Lamming is recorded as living sometime between 1720 and 1760. By 1778 it is shown as Marrowbone or Bone Hall. The Lewin family, who were large landowners in the area, acquired the estate four years later from the trustees of Mary, late Viscountess Hinchingbrooke, purchasing Lammings House and other properties and land of some 62 acres. Bone Hall was still shown on a map of 1799, though it may have been derelict. By 1839 it had disappeared. The Lewins occupied another nearby house, from at least 1807, called The Holly’s.
221 total views, 1 views today