Agricultural heritage, renamed in 1908 to remember Mallow Field, one of the former fields that made up Finsbury Manor in the 16thCentury. According to a survey of the manor in 1567, the others were Bonhill Field, High Field and Meadow Ground. This street was actually on the site of Bonhill (today remembered as Bunhill), Mallow Field being where Finsbury Square is today. It was named after the mallow flowers that grew in the marshy grounds that became Upper Moorfields. Previously James Street.
32 total views, 1 views today