Named after Longlands House, built sometime around 1750, and later the home of the well-connected George Russell, a London soap manufacturer whose works were near Blackfriars Bridges. In 1801 Russell became involved in the development of a new type of tide mill, essentially a watermill worked by the power of the tides. Russell got a licence from the City of London to build a causeway down into the river at what was then called Bugsby’s Hole. This causeway is still in use today. The property was demolished in 1885.
191 total views, 1 views today