Developer Thomas Courtenay Warner (July 19, 1857 – December 15, 1934) was MP for Lichfield between 1896 and 1923. He laid out this street in 1932 as part of the Highams Estate development and named it after his Staffordshire constituency. His father Edward Warner purchased the estate, which extended from the High Road at Woodford Green to the river Ching, in 1849 and within 30 years Courtenay Warner had started developing it. Housing development however did not accelerate until the 1930s, with plans by architects William and Edward Hunt for 532 houses.
47 total views, 1 views today