Named after the Lennard family, who were Lords of the Manor and major property holders from 1579 when the Heydon Family sold Wickham Court to John Lennard. The Lennards kept hold of the estate until the death of Sir John Lennard in 1928. His wife Lady Beatrice died in 1931. The property, which had been remodelled several times down the centuries was inherited by Sir Stephen Lennard. After he emigrated to Canada in 1929, the estate was broken up with part of it sold to Morrells, a local building firm, in 1931.
243 total views, 2 views today