This street takes its name from the old Loworbey (Lamorbey) Estate which gave its name to the wider area. The original house was built in the early 16thCentury and belonged to the family of Thomas Lamendby alias Sparrowe in 1513. Down the centuries the original name was corrupted and was recorded sometime around 1762 as Lamborbey and Lamienby or Lamberby in 1778. By 1805 it was featured as Lamb’s Abbey before reverting to Lamorbey in 1876.
195 total views, 1 views today