Henry VI gave the Manor of Ruislip to King’s College, Cambridge, (originally called the College of St. Mary and St. Nicholas) which he founded in 1441. It was taken away from them by Edward of York when he defeated the Lancastrian’s during the Wars of the Roses but gave it back to them after he was crowned Edward IV. It remained in the college’s ownership until 1932 with the break-up of the college estates. In 1937 the college gave Manor Farm to the people of Ruislip maintaining the tradition attached to the Manor that it should only change hands by gift. This road was laid out between the wars.