W H Wedlock Ltd, the builders named many roads after Lake District locations. The firm was established in 1902 at Barrow-in-Furness, in Cumbria. It moved south in 1915 to maintain the Vickers Estates and continued to play a major role in the development of Barnehurst. By 1926 the company began developing the Mayplace Farm estate around Oakwood Drive; its brochure offered a range of house and bungalow designs from £495 to £850. See also Coniston Road; Coniston Close; Grasmere Road; Inglewood Road; Merewood Road; Oakwood Drive; Risedale Road; Thirlmere Road; and, Windermere Road.
184 total views, 1 views today