Directional the road from West Ruislip to the village of Ickenham. The village takes its name from the local area which translated from Old English means Ticca’s village or homestead. It was featured in the Domesday Book of 1086 as Ticheham, when three estates and 31 people are recorded as living here. By the following century it was spelt Tikeham. In 1203 it was spelt two ways Tikenham and Ikeham becoming Ikenham in 1236.