Takes its name from the former Hurst Park Racecourse which was in Moulsey Hurst, West Molesey, Surrey. It was first laid out in 1890. It was the scene of an arson carried out by suffragettes Kitty Marion and Clara Elizabeth Giveen in revenge for the death of Emily Davison at the Derby in 1913. The racecourse was closed in October 1962 and much of the land used for residential housing. This is one of a cluster of roads that were built by the council to form the 548 property Racecourse estate which was laid out in the 1930s on what had been agricultural land belonging to Hacton Farm. The Second World War interrupted building, which was continued with the return of peace in the 1940s.
21 total views, 1 views today