Takes its name from Thomas Holt White, (died 1841), naturalist and literary critic who moved to Chase Lodge after graduating from Oxford University. The property which was was built after the inclosure of the Chase in the 18thCentury belonged to T Cotton in 1834 and was taken on by Holt-White, a commentator on Shakespeare. This road is marked in outline on an auctioneer’s plan of 1897 but is not named with the first houses occupied in 1903. Chase Lodge was demolished shortly before 1911.
16 total views, 2 views today