Like nearby Agister Road, Verderers Road and Regarder Road, this is named after one of the occupations associated with the medieval Hainault Forest, one of the remaining sections of the former Forest of Essex. A harbourer’s task was to trace the deer to its covert or harbour. This road, part of the Hainault Estate, was developed on former woodland in the early part of the 20thCentury, following the opening of Hainault Station in 1903. The line was designed to stimulate suburban growth but was closed on October 1, 1908 due to a lack of custom and did not reopen until March 2, 1930.
20 total views, 1 views today