The Green Man ale house was recorded on Currier’s Lane in 1739. By 1805 however the road name was featuring as Greenmans Lane on maps of the area and five years later it was established enough to be named in rate books. From 1866 Henry Astley Darbishire designed the Peabody Estate providing homes for the poor in a lay-out which was used as a blueprint for 14 more of the housing charity’s estates across London. The name changed to Greenman Street in 1873 when the properties were also renumbered.
194 total views, 1 views today