Named after John Greenhill, former landlord of the Castle Tavern on Cowcross Street, who owned various plots around the area in 1735. In 1736 he and wife Agnes applied for a market to be run from here but it was rejected. Instead he used it for housing to be rented out, the last of these were sold in 1920 by Edith Minnie Greenhill. The road has changed name slightly over the years including the erroneous Green Hills Rents and the grammatically correct Greenhill’s Rents.
189 total views, 1 views today