Until relatively recently much of the area around King’s Cross Station and St Pancras Station was full of depots, yards, gas holders, coal shoots, warehouses, workshops, transit stations and indeed, granaries. This was road built sometime after 1916 over the former site of St Pancras Goods, Cattle and Coal Depot. It was an extension of the former Wharf Road that was here. This was laid out over the former Somers Bridge and the northern section of Wharf Road. The square itself was once a basin (a landlocked harbour) for barges using the Regent’s Canal.
17 total views, 1 views today