Named after the Goodhart family, former owners of Langley Farm, which was bought along with 250 acres of land by Emmanuel Goodhart in 1820. The sale included a number of the farm’s properties, among them the thatched chapel, the only one of the buildings still standing. In 1884, Goodhart’s son sold Langley Farmhouse and 105 acres of the land for £25,000 to JL Bucknall. In 1926, parts of the Langley Estate were sold for development. The original mansion became the club house for Langley Park Golf Club until it burnt down in 1913 and a new club house was built in Barnfield Wood Road.
255 total views, 2 views today