A road that has stayed pretty much in tact from when John Rocque drew up his map of the City in 1746. This was the site of a 17thCentury glass factory which was first recorded in 1677. They were a common landmark around London from the time of the Restoration. By 1696 there were 24 glass factories, many of which gave the roads their names, in and around the capital spewing forth noxious gasses out of their high chimneys.
66 total views, 1 views today