Originally Albion Road when it was laid out around 1839. John Spencer Furlong (died in 1895) of 16 Compton Terrace held numerous important civic duties in the area. From 1872, he was a member of St Mary’s Ward vestry (a prototype parish council), an important member of the Board of Assessors Burial Board, Chairman of the Words Committee and a Guardian. He was also Islington’s representative on the Metropolitan Board of Works between 1887 -1889. The road name was changed in 1895.
51 total views, 1 views today