Named after Fox Burrow Farm which was once located at the end of this lane on the fringes of Hainault Forest. It was one of three farms created on land cleared by the Crown for agriculture between 1855 and 1857. The street was laid out much later. As can be seen with the streets immediately west of Romford Road, names that reflected types of vegetation, fauna and activity all connected with the woodland were often chosen, and this seems to be the case here. The Hainault Forest County Park is all that survives of Hainault Forest, having been preserved by the passing of the Hainault (Lambourne Fox Burrows and Grange Hill) Act, 1903 after the disaforestation of the medieval woodland in 1851.
59 total views, 1 views today