Named after Finchdale Priory, in County Durham, which was founded in the 13thCentury following the death of St Godric of Finchdale in 1170. The Benedictine priory took more than a century to complete and included a hospitium (guest house). It was closed down during the dissolution of the lesser monasteries in 1536. This road like many of the surrounding ones in the area is named after a former religious house in a reference to the nearby ruin of Lesnes Abbey, from which Abbey Wood gets its name.
14 total views, 1 views today