Named after the Farewell-Jones family who lived at Brenley House, on Cedars Avenue, for more than 40 years until it was sold to Surrey County Council in 1950 and used as children’s home. George Farewell-Jones (1855 – 1926), was a solicitor, a member of the firm of Soames, Edwards, and Jones. He was also a member of the Mitcham Urban District Council. The new road was named after him in 1926.
248 total views, 1 views today