Named after the firm Black & Edgington, flag manufacturers who worked on decorations used in the 1953 Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, and whose works were based at Ruxley Corner. The Black is a reference to Thomas Black, whose outdoor stores continue to sell camping equipment. John Edgington founded his company suppling fine camping equipment in the Old Kent Road in 1805. The two firms merged in 1967.
199 total views, 1 views today