The name was first documented in 1321 as Estberi, meaning either the eastern manor or the land east of the manor of Barking. It comes from two Middle English words set and bury. In 1557 the area was written as Esbury and by 1805 Eastbury Farm. This is centred around the old Eastbury House.
79 total views, 1 views today