In 1739 John Peck, a member of the Dyers’ Company, gave 16 acres of land in Leytonstone to fund four almshouses in Bethnal Green parish for widows of Dyers’ Company members who had lived in the area. An 18thCentury building to be used for charitable purposes stood here but has now gone. Its early name was Dyers’ Hall Lane. This was once a much longer continous road, but the middle section was demolished in the construction of the M11 link road (now called the A12).
66 total views, 1 views today