Named after Sir Dragonet, a Knight of the Round Table, who served as King Arthur’s jester. He saw himself as a courageous warrior and would present himself as such until faced with trouble, when he would flee. This road on the Downham Estate, built sometime between 1924 and 1930, is one of several named after the Arthurian legend. The local school used to be called Malory after the author of L’Morte d’Arthur originally titled The Whole Book of King Arthur and His Noble Knights of the Round Table. The estate was built as part of the slum clearances following the First World War.
101 total views, 1 views today