Named after Downsell Hall also known as Downsells or Bawdes Hall, in South Weald, Essex, which was originally part of Corringham. It was the family seat of the Manby family from the time of the Restoration until the early 19thCentury, when William Manby sold it. The land on which this street was developed was part of the Manby-Colegrave Estate. It was developed between 1879 and 1882.
74 total views, 1 views today