This was originally called Dodington Street after Anne Dodington, wife of Robert Grenville, Lord Brooke, who owned a house here. See Brooke Street. Anne was the daughter of John Dodington and when her husband died she remarried to a man called Thomas Hoby sometime after 1677. She died on February 3, 1690 – 1691, intestate and her estate was administered to her husband on July 8, 1691. The road name quickly became corrupted from Dodington, as shown on John Rocque’s map of 1746. By the time Richard Horwood’s Plan of the Cities of London and Westminster was published 50 years later it had changed to Dorrington Street.
35 total views, 1 views today