One of a cluster of local streets named after Essex towns and villages: Danbury Road, Thaxted Road, Blackmore Road, Pentlow Way, Greensted Road, Roydon Close, Felstead Road, Kirby Close, Boxted Close. Danbury is a village outside of Chelmsford. It was first mentioned as Danengeberia in the Domesday Book of 1086 and means the burgh or fort of Dene’s people. This is also the origin of the name of the village and peninsula of Dengie in Essex, and the city of Danbury, Connecticut, in the United States. The street itself was laid out in the second half of the 20thCentury.
145 total views, 1 views today