A reference to the Great Exhibition glass building that was originally erected in Hyde Park and later transferred to Penge. Crystal Palace was not the original name of the building but a popular epithet given to it by the public which only later became officially adopted. Officially it was simply the Building at London for the International Exhibition of 1851. It was destroyed by fire in 1936. This road ran around the edge of Crystal Palace Park.
319 total views, 2 views today