Laid out over the meadowland which was part of nearly two acres of garden belonging to the rectory of St Mary’s the Virgin Church. The church was originally consecrated in 1080 and by the 17thCentury the old Rectory was in ruins by the lychgate. In 1631, Sir Robert Berkeley, a local East Barnet worthy, built a new parsonage house nearer to the village and granted it to the church for the use of the Rector for 99 years. At some point the land was transferred to the church.
75 total views, 1 views today