This road like others nearby was given to the Vestry, a prototype parish council, by King George III in 1785 for the right to close off an alley known as Love Lane. It was to be another 60 years before permission was obtained to develop the street and, even then, another two decades or so before work started. It was named after Chisholm Lodge, which is in Queens Road. Chisholm Villas followed later. By 1880 there were 22 houses and on May 12, 1896 the first commissioner of Richmond Park agreed to make a new public entrance, Bishop’s Gate, in Chisholm Road. It was previously known as the Cattle Gate as it was used by livestock.
267 total views, 1 views today