This is a modern street name, which was thought up by Prudential Assurance in 1988 for the land it had bought for development in Kingston. However, after various schemes were rebutted Prudential pulled out and it was taken over by St George which completed its development in 2003. Kingston-Upon-Thames was originally granted a Royal Charter by King John in 1200. These charters were notices of the creation of public or private corporations (including towns and cities) which defined their privileges and purpose. This has been periodically confirmed such as in 1927 by King George V and in 1965, and by Elizabeth ll who granted another Royal Charter which entitles Kingston to continue to use the title Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames.
12 total views, 1 views today