Named after the former Augustinian Chacombe Priory, which was founded in the reign of Henry II (1154 – 1189) by Hugh of Chalcombe, lord of the manor of Chacombe. In 1536 the Priory was suppressed during Henry VIII’s dissolution of the monasteries and all its properties passed to the Crown. The only visible remains of it are a small chapel apparently built in the 13thCentury and a set of medieval fishponds. This road, like many others in the vicinity, is named after a former religious house in reference to the nearby Lesnes Abbey.
94 total views, 1 views today