Named after the Cat Inn in East Barnet, which used too stand at the foot of the hill. The name of the pub itself came from Katebrygge which crossed the Pymmes Brook and was first recorded in 1406, leading to the settlement that became East Barnet. The pub existed from the 18thCentury until 1955 when it burned down. The road was sometimes known as Belmont Road and features in late 19thCentury records, Belmont being a large house standing in the angle between Cat Hill and Cockfosters Road.
10 total views, 1 views today