Named after the Chemists’ Aerated Mineral Water Association Ltd which as the name implies was a mineral water manufacturer established in 1878. Within 17 years the company had factories in London, Bristol, Harrogate and Mitcham. An advert in 1895 announced the opening of its Mitcham factory having secured the “celebrated Raven Spring… the water of which had been analysed and pronounced by experts to be unsurpassable for the manufacture of table waters”. In 1954, it was taken over by Barclay Perkins and Company Limited, a brewer which went on to specialise in lager.
198 total views, 1 views today