This is a reference to a local family who were connected with a crossroads here, thought to date as far back as the 13thCentury. There is a Gilbert Bolle featured in local documents of 1235. This road was first recorded as Bollyscrosse in 1540 and Bulls Cross Lane in 1572. In 1619 it was Bellesmore Lane suggesting that it was originally a crossroads named after a family named Bell. It took its present name in 1754.
64 total views, 1 views today