A large house called Brooksby Villa stood North of the junction with Homerton Grove. Land in the area was first bought by Edward Brooksby in 1725 from a John Smith of Hammersmith, which had previously been held by a Charles Booth. The south end of Brooksby’s Walk existed in 1745 and was so named by 1759. The estate was inherited in 1753 by Edward’s cousin William Brooksby, a London haberdasher, and included four houses in the street.
76 total views, 2 views today