Recalling the area’s former industrial heritage on account of the local clay. There had been brick making in the area since at least 1589, when a brick-maker was featured in parish records. By the 18thCentury there were brick-kilns south of Byron Hill Road which were leased to the Bodymeads, a local brick-making family. In the mid-19thCentury a farm and brickworks were recorded belonging to Richard Chapman that stood on the west of Northolt Road. The road was laid out by 1859 but was originally unnamed.
101 total views, 1 views today