Named after Sir Edward Bouverie who bought the Coulsdon Manor estate in 1688 from Lady Mason and her daughter Dorothy. The family held on to the lands for the next 100 years passing it down the generations of the Bouverie family, which was raised to the peerage in 1747. Sir Jacob Bouverie was created Viscount Folkestone and Baron Longford. His son William, created Earl of Radnor in 1765 held on to the property until his death in 1776 and in 1782 his son sold Cousldon to Thomas Byron.
203 total views, 1 views today