Most likely named after Alderman William Bond of Walbrook Ward who developed the property in the first half of the 17thCentury. Bond, who was master of the Haberdashers’ Company, became an Alderman in 1649. It was first mentioned as Bond’s Court in 1672. The family had been connected with the area and trade for nearly two centuries. Between 1548 and 1692, Sir George Bonde, an ancestor of Sir Winston Churchill, had been an Alderman for the same ward and had also served as master of the Haberdashers’.
97 total views, 1 views today