Bognor Regis is a town and seaside resort in West Sussex on the south coast of England. The town’s name comes from a document of 680AD where is referred to as Bucgan ora meaning Bucge’s (a female Saxon name) shore, or landing place. This is one of a group of streets built sometime after 1914 on land next to Brampton House, and named after British seaside towns. See also Brixham Road, Tenby Road, and Selsey Crescent. Developers would often use such names either because of their own association or to conjure up pleasant associations from buyers.