This road was laid out on the former site of Blyth Wood on the Bromley Hill estate which was broken up in 1881 and a number of homes were built. The last of these in 1896 was for Robert Dyas, the founder of the high street ironmongers chain named after him. The property, Blyth Wood, was the grandest in the street but following his death in 1911, it was sold. It remained in private hands until sometime around 1935 after which time it was left empty and fell into disrepair and in the late 1950s was demolished and flats built on the site.
8 total views, 1 views today