Named after Blendon Hall one of Bexleyheath’s largest estates built in 1763, that stood near here. The Bladindon family once owned the land and the estate on which Blendon Road, Blendon being a contraction of Bladindon, is built. The estate was sold to a local housing developer D C Bowyer in 1929 and eventually demolished to make way for surburban housing with new streets such as Arcadian Avenue, Beechway, Blendon Drive, Bladindon Drive, Cedar Grove and The Drive among others appearing in the 1930s. Though Blendon Road came earlier.
231 total views, 1 views today