One of a number of streets in the area associated with the county of Wiltshire. Biddestone is a parish and village four miles to the west of Chippenham. It was named by London County Council on the suggestion of John Poynder-Dickson, 1st Baron Islington, who owned the large Holloway farm on which this road was laid out. Poynder-Dickson, who was the MP for Chippenham, between 1892 and 1910, and also Honorary Colonel of the Wiltshire Yeomanry, had his principle home in Wiltshire. He was also LCC member for Finsbury from 1898.The cluster of Wiltshire and Dorset related streets also includes Sturmer Way, Stock Orchard Crescent, Stock Orchard Street, Quemerford Road, and Widdenham Road. The name first appeared in the 1915 Register of Electors.
9 total views, 1 views today