When a new road was constructed running from Angel to Kings Cross formed under an Act of 1756, then called the Paddington New Road but later would take the name Pentonville Road, landowners took the opportunity to make money and built properties close by. Among them was William Belitha, landlord of the Angel Inn, Islington, who by 1846 had built 36 villas here and a further 16 that formed Belitha Terrace. His tenants before the development was less pleased at this turn of events as the new road would have driven right through the middle of their property. At the time of development it was being leased for the pub for sheep pens and horse stables.
17 total views, 1 views today