Laid out over land on the former Allen’s Farm, which stood on the corner of South Street and Hertford Road. Development started relatively late as the first housing scheme, which was planned in 1897, failed. Some houses were built around 1900 and the first occupied by 1901 but most of the sites remained vacant until about 1930. Orchard Road and Church Road were also built on the market garden.
253 total views, 1 views today