Originally Alder Villas Road. Named after Alder Villas (today’s numbers 23 to 31) which were on the map by 1895. The houses were named after an alder, a member of the birch family of trees, that grew on this road. It was not uncommon for builders to name their developments after local landmarks and natural characteristics. This road was laid our over an orchard.
108 total views, 1 views today